Snuza Halo is a cordless device that monitors your child’s breathing movements while he or she is asleep. Follow this guide for correct assembly and use to guarantee proper detection of the apparatus and to assure you get your peace of mind.
Press the ON/OFF button found at the front bottom left portion of the device briefly. Snuza Halo will automatically activate all the indicator lights, the rouse mechanism, and the alarm sound. The battery indicators will light up afterwards too. It will show Green if the battery is working just fine, Orange if it’s nearing depletion, and Red if totally depleted and requiring replacement.
NOTE: Only use Snuza Halo if its battery indicator shows Green or Orange. If it’s the latter, ensure to replace the battery ASAP.
1. Choose the correct size diaper for your child. Too big a diaper and gapes will usually appear at the belly and lumbar areas even if the former is properly attached. The same thing happens with very wet or full diapers so replace your child’s diaper timely.
2. Ensure the diaper portion where the Snuza Halo attaches is stable. On the top front portion of the diaper is a long thin flap of material. Fold this over and towards the thicker portion found immediately below the thin flap before taping and closing the diaper.
4. Put onto the diaper waistband by clipping the device with its front side and flexible sensor tip both facing up. Make sure it is fastened all the way into the diaper to the full extend of the clip so that the sensor tip rests stably atop the baby’s belly button area. Once securely attached, switch the Snuza Halo on.
Audible Tick. This feature enables an audible “tick” sound to correspond to your child’s every breathing movements.
1. To activate, switch the device on first. Press the MODE/OFF button found at the front bottom right portion of the device briefly afterwards.
2. To set to medium volume, press the MODE/OFF button once, and again, to set it to high volume.
NOTE: This feature is best used alongside a baby audio monitor. This way, you get to constantly “hear” your child’s movements from a distance.
Rouse Warning. The device is equipped with a gentle vibration mechanism. This automatically switches on to attempt to awaken the baby if no movement is sensed in a period of 15 seconds.
If movement is detected within 5 seconds from the rousing incident, the Movement Indicator Light, the center LED indicator immediately atop the Snuza Halo logo, will flash red every time the baby moves. This is to alert that non-movement for 15 seconds was detected. The device will revert to monitoring after movement detection within this period though.
When it detects three 15-second incidents of non-movement, the Movement Indicator Light will flash red every 2 seconds, and will simultaneously set off loud beeps every 2 seconds. This is to alert that the child has stopped movement for 15 seconds thrice.
If no movement is detected within 5 seconds after a rouse incident, the full-on loud alarm will set off. The Alarm Indicator Light will flash red simultaneously as well.
NOTE: This feature is switched on by default and is automatically activated every time the Snuza Halo is opened.
1. To deactivate, make sure the device is switched on first. Afterwards, press and hold the MODE/OFF button for about 1 second. Release the button once you hear a tone and sense the unit vibrating briefly.
2. To reactivate, completely switch off the device by pressing the ON/OFF and MODE/OFF buttons at the same time. Afterwards, turn the device on again by pressing the ON/OFF button and the rouse mechanism will be automatically reactivated.
Movement-Rate Warning. This feature warns you when baby moves less than 8 times during a minute. The Movement Indicator Light sets off an orange-colored light accompanied by an alert tone every second if such an incident occurs.
NOTE: This feature is switched on by default and is automatically activated every time Snuza Halo is opened.
1. To deactivate, make sure the device is switched on first. Afterwards, press the ON/OFF button for at least 1 second. Release the button once you hear an audible beep.
2. To reactivate, shut the device off completely by pressing the ON/OFF and MODE/OFF buttons at the same time. Turn the Snuza on once more and the feature should automatically be enabled.
Full, detailed Snuza Halo manual you’ll find on official Snuza website.