Angelcare is undeniably one of the most popular under-the-mattress baby movement monitor brands right now. It is much sought out by parents because of its reliability, durability, and of course, affordability. If quite undecided yet whether or not this product is one which will best answer your requirements, then this point-by-point discussion of its many features should help you in your evaluation.
This baby movement monitor is hailed for its highly efficient sensor systems. The sensor pads’ sensitivity levels can be configured so as to minimize false alarms. The sensors are contained within sturdy and water-proof encasings as well. So the sensors getting compromised from accidental liquid spillage is virtually ruled out. Read more…
Snuza Go is a mobile baby movement monitorbrand from the leading baby care product innovator Biosentronics. And just like its name suggests, this device functions by keeping track of a baby’s breathing movements. When none is sensed by the gadget, it sounds off an alarm to notify the parents and/or the child’s carer about the incident. This way, the immediate and proper steps can be undertaken to help rescue the baby. This review will detail all the product’s features and settings to help you decide if this is the perfect brand for your particular requirements.
Snuza Go is a highly effective baby movement monitor and this is made possible by the superior design and engineering of the device. Its highly sensitive sensors are contained within a pliable rubber casing. This way, the sensors stay as close as possible to the baby’s skin to guarantee precise tracking every time.
Snuza Go has been designed to provide a reliable baby movement monitoring mechanism even while parents and the baby are on the go. The device is very lightweight at just 30 grams so it’s not inconvenient to bring around at all. So you can bring your baby with you everywhere you go, even go out of town to visit grandma and grandpa, and still get to count on unfailing movement monitoring. Plus the device comes with a sturdy plastic case. So you can easily and securely pack away the device when baby is awake.
Snuza Go is positioned exactly where the concentration of the breathing movements are—atopthe baby’s abdominal area. Such a positioning ensures that even the subtlest up and down motion of your baby’s tummy is captured and duly recorded.
Perfect for Co-Sleeping
Aside from being the ideal brand for mobile use, Snuza Go is also the best choice for co-sleeping arrangements. Other baby movement monitors, most especially the under-the-mattress ones, detect all vibrations, even those that don’t come from the baby. This isn’t the case with Snuza Go as it is placed right on top baby’s tummy, enabling independent monitoring. So your child can readily share the bed, say with siblings, and you won’t have to worry about incorrect readings at all.
This baby movement monitoring device features a compact ergonomic design. There are no sharp edges that could cause cuts and scrapes on baby’s skin. Plus you won’t have to worry about electrical wires from accidentally entangling and smothering your child at all. What’s best, Snuza Go is securely sealed to ensure none of the parts, which are potential choking hazards by the way, fall off accidentally.
Snuza Go is equipped with a very efficient alert system. The alarm sounds it releases are very audible. You can be in the opposite part of the house and you’ll still get to hear the alarm clearly every single time it is triggered.
Snuza Go’s alarm will go off every time there is no movement recorded at any given 20-second period. But this is just the gadget’s default configuration. You can always tweak the settings so that the alarm sets off after non-movement either within 15 seconds or 18 seconds.
Snuza Go comes equipped with a rechargeable battery upon purchase. This battery can withstand repeated draining and recharging cycles. Furthermore, the battery is guaranteed to last for at least one full year even with continuous use for 18 hours everyday. What’s best, the battery is user-replaceable enabling extended use of the device. So you can simply pack away Snuza Go after your baby’s first birthday, and just bring out thedevice for future movement monitoring of another newborn.
Snuza Go’s role in preventing sudden infant syndrome can’t be overstated. A very reasonable price indeed for the purpose it serves. This device has not only provided the reliable movement monitoring for my baby, but it has allowed us to get more resttoo. Before we acquired it, my partner and I had to wake up countless times during the night to ensure our baby’s just fast asleep in the crib. Needless to say, this lack of sleep made us cranky every morning. But thanks to Snuza Go, we’ve finally gotten the rest and sleep we needed.
Snuza Halo is one of the many baby movement monitor brands currently out in the market today. It is from the trusted innovator of baby care products Biosentronics. If you are thinking of buying one in preparation for your baby’s birth, then let my firsthand experience with this amazing device assist you in your research on these gadgets.
Keeping track of baby’s breathing movements used to mean monitoring can only be done within baby’s crib. But this is no longer the case when you use Snuza Halo as mobility is one of its many smartfeatures. Simply attach the device into baby’s diaper waistband, turn on the device, and movement monitoring can commence. So you can put baby to sleep in his or her usual bed, or have baby in the car seat, and still get to count on reliable monitoring every time. Read more…
Baby movement monitors have been the devices of choice of parents who constantly want to be updated of their baby’s breathing movements during sleep. Needless to say, these baby movement monitors feature state-of-the-art designs. However, there are a number of instances when these devices set off unnecessarily. Fortunately, these minor issues can be easily and readily addressed.
1. Use a diaper size that snugly fits your child’s waist. Cordless baby movement monitors such as Snuza Halo or Snuza Go are meant to be attached onto the diaper waistband. This is so the device’s sensor tipis positioned close to the child’s tummy to precisely detect breathing movements. Of course, a snugly fitting diaper is crucial to ensure accurate detection. So always use the correct size diaper when using mobile or clip-on baby movement monitor types.
2. Protect the sensor tips. Most mobile baby movement monitors utilize sensors that are sheathed in soft rubber. Needless to say, the electronics underneath the rubber encasing are lined with fine wires. Avoid damage to the wires by not folding the sensor tip. This way, false alarms will not be unnecessarily triggered.
3. Avoid damage tothe electronics by practicing proper cleaning. Baby movement monitors use complicated electronics that can easily be ruined when not handled correctly. So when cleaning the apparatus, make sure to use only the correct cleaning materials and methods. Do not needlessly get the device wet as such could cause it to short-circuit. Use only a soft towel, preferably microfiber, slightly dampened with mild soap, to wipe the surface clean.
4. Ensure a stable and firm base for the under-the-mattress type movement monitors. Baby movement monitors that utilize sensor pads require an even and steady base to function correctly. So if you purchased an under-the-mattress apparatus, ensure that its sensors will be set atop a plywood or stiff cardboard base.
5. Use a mattress recommended by the manufacturer of your under-the-mattress brand monitor. Under-the-mattress baby movement monitors function best when used with bed mats or pads that are just about the correct thickness. Use a mattress that is too thick and the device will not be able to detect any movement and trigger false alarms. Utilize one with springs and the movement monitor might record wrong readings too. So ensure you know what the recommended mattress type and thickness is and use accordingly with your under-the-mattress baby movement monitor.
6. Configure the sensitivity levels of the sensors. Some baby movement monitor brands such as Angelcare feature programmable sensitivity levels of the sensors. So whenever encountering false alarm problems, try setting the sensor sensitivity to a higher level first before doing any drastic troubleshooting.
7. Ensure cords are unobstructed. Some baby movement monitor brands, particularly the under-the-mattress ones, require mains power supply to function. When using these types of apparatuses in your baby’s nursery, make sure nothing gets in the way of the cords so that the electrical connections won’t be compromised.
8. Opt to devise a specially made case for the sensor pads. Babies start to get physically active when they reach three months. This could then cause the sensor pads to get dislodged thus setting off the alarm unnecessarily. If such is the case, you can eliminate the false alarms by putting the sensor pads in a custom-made case. This way, the pads stay in place no matter how squirmy baby gets during sleep.
False alarms on baby movement monitors can be annoying. But this just goes to show how effective these devices are as they function just exactly the way they have been designed to. Of course, no one would want to be unnecessarily distressed. So follow these pointers and you’ll be assured of only the most accurate readings from your baby movement monitor every single time.